Electronic Repeat Dispensing
Repeat dispensing is beneficial for patients, the surgery and your pharmacy. Below are the reasons why:
Benefits to the patient:
- All your medicines will be synchronised.
- Offers you convenience and flexibility. For instance you can request a prescription earlier from the pharmacy if you are going away on holiday, as long as this does not exceed 3 months’ supply.
- Saves you time as you don’t have to keep going between the surgery and pharmacy.
Benefits to the surgery:
- Reduced workload for both receptionists and prescribers, as we will only have to deal with a repeat prescription request once.
- Better use of prescribing resource. We want to free up prescriber time so that we can spend more time seeing our patients.
- To reduce the pressure on the pharmacies.
Benefits to the pharmacy:
- Allows prescription dispensing prior to patient arrival at pharmacy (in normal circumstances.
- Better stock control.
- The pharmacy team will not have to chase up prescription requests with surgery.